Saturday, April 11, 2020

Tom's Pineapple Salsa


Tom's  Pineapple Salsa

We love this salsa on grilled chicken, pork or steak as well as eggs, tacos or with chips. In fact I think Jennifer and I have caught each other just eating it straight out of the bowl with a spoon. 

Dice the following, combine and stir ; ( I take the time to dice all ingredients quite small and uniformly to insure you taste each incredible ingredient in every bite. I do cut the jalapenos even smaller to keep any bite from being too hot.)

1 fresh pineapple 
2 fresh mangos (optional)
1 1/2 bell pepper (orange or red for color)
1/3 purple onlion (optional for color)
6 green onions (scallions)
2 3" jalepenos (no stem or seeds)
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1 lime (juice and zest)
1" fresh ginger (finely shredded- I use microplane)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

A little labor-intensive with all the chopping but I I think it's worth it. 

Finally I'm sure you can tell this is a fresh salsa like Pico de Gallo so you don't cook it and remember to keep it in the refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment